March 10th Clan Meeting - Agenda

Pretty much anything goes. The usual shoot the breeze type stuff.

March 10th Clan Meeting - Agenda

Postby [AK907]Pricky » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:42 pm

This will be the agenda for the clan meeting on the 10th of March (next Sunday!). Any questions about the items on the agenda should wait until the meeting, but if you would like to add something, please add it below!

The meeting will begin at 9:00 PM Central Time, so please be on the TeamSpeak server a little earlier, if at all possible.

• Discuss who is going to financially back the clan (who is going to be our core membership and going to make sure that the clan can keep paying for our servers?)
    [ a] We need to find out what our finances will be over the next month, 6 months, 1 year, and longer so we know if we can even afford to keep our servers. If we don't pay for the server, we loose it, and we are getting a DAMN good deal right now!

• Discuss what "donating" (aka: Core) members will receive for their donations
    [ a] Additional privileges on the clan servers
    [ b] Reserved slots
    [ c] Additional weight when voting/discussing the clan's future
    [ d] Opportunity to win quarterly or bi-yearly prizes (computer parts anyone?)
    [ e] Other cool stuff and opportunities

• Discuss what the goals of the clan will be over the next year
    [ a] To obtain enough donating members to purchase a Battlefield 4 server the second they come available
    [ b] To increase interaction between members by way of the clan forums

• Discussing administrator PRIVILEGES
    [ a] Server privileges are just that, PRIVILEGES, and can be revoked if misused!
    [ b] There will be a public display of what constitutes administrative actions on the servers for everyone to view

• Discuss the Weekly Clan Event
    [ a] Should we continue to have "sign-ups" in the forums for the weekly clan event
    [ b] Should we only have "sign-ups" for events that give away physical prizes?

Please expect this to be a casual chat among us that anyone and everyone is welcome to join in on!

The only thing I ask is that the meeting should follow these guidelines:

• I (GvnrRickPerry) will do most of the talking
  • At about 9:00 PM Central Time I will start moving everyone on the server to the Meeting channel
  • At the end of my updates and discussing the updates, I will address each of you and ask if you have any questions or input
  • Please do not all talk at once!
  • Please turn PTT (Push To Talk) on! There nothing worse than hearing yourself echo when trying to speak, and I will move you to another channel if it starts happening!

Other than the above, I really hope to see everyone I've played with and seen on the TeamSpeak server online for this meeting. I really do appreciate any input you can offer, advice, comments, suggestions, or anything of the like.

Thanks,
-GvnrRickPerry

My personal notes:
Yes, the amount of $21.06 is the correct amount for the 20th of March, if you wish to continue renting in April. :) Thanks!
End-Game, from what we're hearing should come out on March 12th (a Tuesday). If you let us know on the 11th or 12th, we can pro-rate the # of additional slots for the rest of the month if you'd like. For your clan meeting on the 10th, you can bring these #'s to them. If you add more slots on the 12th of March, here's what it would cost:

26 to 48 slots: $11.49 pro-rated for the rest of the month (12th-31st). Then, $38.88 /month (due on the 20th) if you wanted to stay at 48.

It's fairly easy to increase the slot count. Besides the donation, it only 'costs' you a Reboot to apply the new slot #. (It's just as easy to decrease-- just a quick reboot of your server needed.)

For the Air Superiority server, it is prorated from March 12th - March 31st. Here's the quick calculation if you ever need it.
Air Superiority Monthly Rental= SlotCount x PerSlotCost= 24 x .81= $19.44
Air Superiority ProRated= (MonthlyRental / DaysInMonth) x (DaysInMonth - StartDate)= (19.44 / 31) x (31 - 12)= $11.91
If you make your donations (24 to 48 slot upgrade, and new 24 slot) on the 11th, I'd be happy to set it up your servers personally on the 11th, so that you can use them on the morning of the 12th!
[AK907]Pricky
5 Year Vet
5 Year Vet

Re: March 10th Clan Meeting - Agenda

Postby [AK907]Pricky » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:42 pm

Thank you to everyone for joining us for our first [AK907] Clan Meeting!
This is just a little follow-up to that meeting to highlight the stuff we went over. I've added notes the items below that we went over during the meeting and added my comments as well.

If you have any questions about anything we went over, if you missed the meeting and want to know all the cool stuff that we talked about, or if you have something you would like to discuss, just post in the forums and we will go from there.

I would like to start having meetings like that either bi-monthly or monthly just so there is a "standard" form of communication across the clan and we can all meet at least that often and talk to each other. Let me know if you have ideas/suggestions about this.

[AK907]Pricky wrote:

This will be the agenda for the clan meeting on the 10th of March (next Sunday!). Any questions about the items on the agenda should wait until the meeting, but if you would like to add something, please add it below!

The meeting will begin at 9:00 PM Central Time, so please be on the TeamSpeak server a little earlier, if at all possible.

The meeting started at 9:00 PM Central time and lasted about 45 minutes. Thank you to everyone who participated!

• Discuss who is going to financially back the clan (who is going to be our core membership and going to make sure that the clan can keep paying for our servers?)
    [ a] We need to find out what our finances will be over the next month, 6 months, 1 year, and longer so we know if we can even afford to keep our servers. If we don't pay for the server, we loose it, and we are getting a DAMN good deal right now!
    We received additional commitments to the clan in the form of both verbal commitment to donate and a donation as well. As I stated in the meeting, I don't think that the [AK907] Clan should come first in ANY of your personal priorities, but if you have the extra cash and don't mind donating, we would gladly accept the donation and put the funds to a VERY good use!

• Discuss what "donating" (aka: Core) members will receive for their donations
    [ a] Additional privileges on the clan servers
    [ b] Reserved slots
    [ c] Additional weight when voting/discussing the clan's future
    [ d] Opportunity to win quarterly or bi-yearly prizes (computer parts anyone?)
    [ e] Other cool stuff and opportunities

• Discuss what the goals of the clan will be over the next year
    [ a] To obtain enough donating members to purchase a Battlefield 4 server the second they come available
    [ b] To increase interaction between members by way of the clan forums
    [ c] To have enough funds before Battlefield 4 Pre-Order comes out to purchase Battlefield 4 Pre-Order for donating clan members (Thank you for the idea, Slooshie!)

• Discussing administrator PRIVILEGES
    [ a] Server privileges are just that, PRIVILEGES, and can be revoked if misused!
    [ b] There will be a public display of what constitutes administrative actions on the servers for everyone to view
    I linked everyone to the server administration guidelines that I mentioned last night so everyone understands what certain administrative actions are required for a given broken rule. I've also created an additional group in the forums and granted that group access to the Members-Only area. This should get you to the post that I made regarding the same guidelines. Here's a link if you need it: http://forums.ak907.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=168
    I've also created a post listing *ALMOST* all of the available chat commands for Battlefield 3 located here: http://forums.ak907.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=158
    I will be updating these posts as necessary!

• Discuss the Weekly Clan Event
    [ a] Should we continue to have "sign-ups" in the forums for the weekly clan event
    [ b] Should we only have "sign-ups" for events that give away physical prizes?
While it was a great idea to begin with and to encourage people to use the forums, due to the EXTREMELY low turn-out we've had since requiring registration for the Weekly Clan Event, it was decided by majority vote that we would no longer require sign-ups for the Weekly Clan Event. There is just too much work that goes into the preparation of the weekly event to add more on top of it, and after we talked about it it we decided we would like the Weekly Clan Event to be more of an "open" event and allow ANYONE playing Battlefield 3 and using our TeamSpeak 3 server the chance to win that event. The events that WILL require registration are the yearly/bi-yearly computer parts giveaways (that we have yet to determine the funds or set a date for). If there are any questions about this, please direct them to me on TS or via a forum PM.

Please expect this to be a casual chat among us that anyone and everyone is welcome to join in on!

The only thing I ask is that the meeting should follow these guidelines:

• I (GvnrRickPerry) will do most of the talking
  • At about 9:00 PM Central Time I will start moving everyone on the server to the Meeting channel
  • At the end of my updates and discussing the updates, I will address each of you and ask if you have any questions or input
  • Please do not all talk at once!
  • Please turn PTT (Push To Talk) on! There nothing worse than hearing yourself echo when trying to speak, and I will move you to another channel if it starts happening!

Other than the above, I really hope to see everyone I've played with and seen on the TeamSpeak server online for this meeting. I really do appreciate any input you can offer, advice, comments, suggestions, or anything of the like.

Thanks,
-GvnrRickPerry
[AK907]Pricky
5 Year Vet
5 Year Vet

Postby Dedaciai » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:30 pm

Hey Gubna,

This looks really good and well thought out. My only thoughts are, for the guys who are serious about being a part of this cool club, should we nominate/volunteer ourselves for certain roles? For example, I'd like to do do some financial backing of course, but I would also like to get into marketing the clan and learning more about 'web stuff' ...still a noob at it but would definitely like to get involved that way. Other ideas would be heading up membership, donations, web design, Thursday write ups. Obviously, since we are small and this is volunteer we would wear many hats, but at least this would give people and idea what they should be doing to help the clan grow/maintain, etc. Just my measly $0.02. :-)
Dedaciai
4 Year Vet
4 Year Vet

Postby liondeath1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:00 pm

i think you've been doing a great job on keeping us updated, and will follow rules as ordered.
but i was wondering what the difference is between slots 1-100, or ect.
:twisted:
liondeath1
[AK907]

Postby [AK907]Pricky » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:32 am

liondeath1 wrote:i think you've been doing a great job on keeping us updated, and will follow rules as ordered.
but i was wondering what the difference is between slots 1-100, or ect.
:twisted:

Not sure what you mean? Slots are (typically) the "players" in a given server. For instance, the [AK907] Clan Battlefield 3 Server (CHICAGO) is 26 slots, so we can only have 26 players on the server at the same time, unless we pay $.81 per player additional slot.

Does this help Joe?
[AK907]Pricky
5 Year Vet
5 Year Vet

Postby [AK907]Pricky » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:10 am

Posted the follow-up to the meeting with a few meeting notes. I hope to have another one of these types of meetings soon. I will try to set something up for the second week of next month. If anyone has any objections, speak now or forever hold thine peace.
[AK907]Pricky
5 Year Vet
5 Year Vet

Return to General Discussion