BF4 Server Shutdown

Pretty much anything goes. The usual shoot the breeze type stuff.

BF4 Server Shutdown

Postby [AK907]Pricky » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:33 am

Unless a few of the members give some pretty good reasons the BF4 server should stay online, it is getting shut off at the end of this month.

PLEASE comment on this thread if you would like to try to save it!

With this, we are losing the ability to track our own stats for our Thursday night events. At this point, I am assuming that we will pick things back up when BF:Hardline releases. Until then, let's just save our money!
-Gvnr
[AK907]Pricky
5 Year Vet
5 Year Vet

Re: BF4 Server Shutdown

Postby [AK907]Hassassin » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:28 pm

Shut 'er down Hoss!! Les save our francs for another day! But GG server...it was a good run for the Chicago/Minnesota/Wiscaaaansin crew!
[AK907]Hassassin
5 Year Vet
5 Year Vet

Postby Thanatos » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:29 am

Farewell sweet prince! Save that scratch for another day.

Now come play CSGO with Subby and I (note, we have not actually played CSGO together yet, but we could if we wanted!)
Thanatos
[AK907]

Postby gr0wzy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:35 pm

Take the server out back. I think recruiting and saving money would be best right now.

Thanatos! Lets play CSGO, I'm MG2 8]
gr0wzy
4 Year Vet
4 Year Vet

Postby Thanatos » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:01 pm

Err..I'm a Nova 1. To be fair I've only been playing for a month and a half. You know, SINCE YOU ALL ABANDONED ME IN BF4!

Not that I'm angry or anything
Thanatos
[AK907]

Postby Thanatos » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:04 pm

Oh fuck..just looked you up on Steam. I have twice the hours in CS as you do. That feels when I realize how bad I suck AW GAWD
Thanatos
[AK907]

Postby ySeven » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:26 pm

Well because no one wants to play the most epic game anymore. all you LOL/DOTA trolls turn it off. BUUUTTTT If you guys would play I would always populate but no one is on.
ySeven
[AK907]

Postby [AK907]Pricky » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:39 am

ySeven wrote:Well because no one wants to play the most epic game anymore. all you LOL/DOTA trolls turn it off. BUUUTTTT If you guys would play I would always populate but no one is on.

Dig and totally agree with this. :)

For the past few weeks I've tried to populate it as much I can, but the server hasn't gone more than 2 players in literally months. It's gone now, so nothing to worry about anymore, but... We still NEED donations so we can save up a little stash for the BF:Hardline server we will be getting. Yeah, I have yet to actually pre-order the game, but I told myself I wasn't going to give EA the satisfaction of my pre-order. That may, and probably will, change closer to the release date but that's my stance right now.

The most important thing to take away from this is that we got the experience and learned what's needed to keep a server populated 24/7, and that is hard work and dedication to AK907. I will admit that there are MANY other clans out there that how MANY 10's if not 100's of more people in their clan and a large percentage of those are willing to sit in a server while they're not on a computer and try to populate it. There's a plugin that's out for Chrome that will AUTO-IDLE your favorites list for you, on demand, for those people that leave their computers running while they're out. When BF:H comes out, it will not take very much to keep it online the first week or two. Keeping it full after that is going to be the problem. We need to honestly being willing to "waste your stats" and sit on a server until it's populated, regardless of the "wants" of the group. Stand up for AK907 and commit! That's the only way we're going to have a populated server worth keeping more than a few months. If it takes more people being admin, just tell me and we will work something out, or HECK, you could even take that one step further and fill out the Volunteer Application so we can get that process started!

We need to have a clan meeting soon so we can discuss these things and start trying to come up with a strategy for next season. Let me know if you have some ideas about that - our last one failed miserably!

TeamSpeak hasn't been taken away - the server crashed and I can't get back into the system to restart it because I had to reboot my internets recently... As SOON as I get access, TS will be running again! I apologize about that one, folks!

Holler,
-[AK907]GvnrRickPerry
[AK907]Pricky
5 Year Vet
5 Year Vet

Postby Substance » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:18 am

Quite a few of us made a turn to CS:GO.
I'd think about organizing something where we all can get in a server on there and mess around? Most of us that do play are still horrible at the game and learning it together will be..funner! :P

My PC just doesn't like letting me play BF4 - and even when I could get a few games out of it I just didn't have the interest in it anymore. :(
Substance
I'm not a bot!

Postby tylaa612 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:51 am

I've been thinking about trying out CS.. I have played it before but only a hour or two. It seemed pretty tits! I have been super digging Marvel Heroes ... for those of you who like a good Diablo 2 style 'FREE' game to play, you can't ask for better.

Now... on to the topic of the post. I am sad to see BF4 phase out... I haven't enjoyed playing a game with friends more than this one. I am all ready for AK907's next adventure, whether it be BF:HL, CS, COD:AW, ect.... One thing's for sure, you can count on me giving my 100% towards our future server. I enjoyed the hell out of all that I was allowed to do on our BF4 server. Thank you for trusting and having faith in me. I consider you all great friends, and I look forward to gaming it up with you for many days to come.

Tylaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 6 1 2
tylaa612
[AK907]

Postby [AK907]Pricky » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:57 pm

Im all for setting up a CS:GO server... But it will be in-house and probably hosted by one of my servers in the datacenter. I do not know how well it will run it, so will be depending on you guys for that. Other thing too is it's in Dallas. Not sure if GO would run on the server in Seattle.
Thoughts?
-Gvnr
[AK907]Pricky
5 Year Vet
5 Year Vet

Return to General Discussion