Battlefield: Hardline

Pretty much anything goes. The usual shoot the breeze type stuff.

Battlefield: Hardline

Postby [AK907]Pricky » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:23 am

Alrighty gents, it's that time again! Time to get ready for the next rendition of Battlefield!!!

I'd like to get this server pre-ordered, so please leave some feedback on this post!

What I'd like to see as a starter for the first year (12 months) is a 70 person server (64 players + 6 spec slots) on a 12 month lease at $65~ a month. If you think this is too much, or have an opinion about it, leave it below. I will say that I'm pretty "set" on getting a 70 player server for the first year... Battlefield ALWAYS does well for the first few months, but we can keep it going longer than that if we just keep it populated! If I see this server empty for longer than a month, I will DUMP IT BECAUSE IT WON'T MATTER HOW MANY SLOTS WE HAVE, IT'S STILL GOING TO BE EMPTY!!!!

The next BIG question is LOCATION! Last year, our Seattle server did VERY well, but our Chicago server beat it out in the end... You guys let me know what your thoughts are on this. My personal preference is DALLAS because I think that's more "central" to most everyone in the clan. Other options are Atlanta, Denver, LA, San Jose, and NYC. Please give me some feedback on the location - it's really the only thing holding me up right now!

Other than that, we only have $103 in our clan donation account - I'd like to see this be AT LEAST enough to cover 3 months worth of service - meaning I'd like to see AT LEAST $200 in the clan account. I know we can do it - we've done it before! It'd be GREAT if we had enough to cover the ENTIRE YEAR, because then we'd get a discount for paying it all up front... But I don't know if we'll make it to $650 before Hardline releases!

All in all, I expect us to come back together and start building this clan again. I am going to need some help from an administrative standpoint - I cannot do this on my own any more. AK907 has grown, and I have grown... I started buying my first house just a few weeks ago, I started a new hobby (for more about it, check out my images here: http://www.astrobin.com/users/GvnrRickPerry/), and I'm MUCH more involved with my sons life. It's definitely not a bad thing for me, but it's not good for the clan because I won't be able to devote as much time as I have in the past. It would mean a whole lot if someone stepped up and offered to "take the reigns" for a while... While I will take any and all the help I can get, only those members that have been around a while will be considered for leadership roles.

I really look forward to playing with you guys in the near future...

See you on the battlefield, SOLDIER!
-[AK907]GvnrRickPerry (former GVNR of Texas)
[AK907]Pricky
5 Year Vet
5 Year Vet

Re: Battlefield: Hardline

Postby Dedaciai » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:19 am

I am cool with the server being anywhere in the continental US.

Work right now is crazy (traveling way too much for the forseeable future) and won't have time to commit to running the clan. Having said that, I'd be happy to donate some money to pay for a month's rent of a server and admin the server/TS when I get on and play. I don't plan on getting the game right when it comes out as I don't think it's worth $50 + premium. IMHO, I have a strong feeling it'll end up on sale pretty quickly cause no matter how many times EA/DICE say it, the vast majority of the public thinks it was made by DICE and will think that it is just a skin made by them. I'll buy it plus its premium when that happens. My memory is a little fuzzy, but I recall BF4 going on sale for $70/$80 (w/premium) in the first 4-6 weeks.

Just my $0.02.

Dedaciai
Dedaciai
4 Year Vet
4 Year Vet

Postby [AK907]Hassassin » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:44 pm

Wow...I made a long post on this last night and forgot to hit submit because our raid started on Destiny....DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok..short version....I and all of my northern brethren in Alaska would really prefer a Seattle server for purely selfish reasons of playable ping times. Texas servers and Chicago servers are too far away and it blows teh goats. However, I want Tylaa to still be my bff so I will still play wherevs but just know that we all hate the 100-120 ms ping times. It seems to me that the West coast/northwest is more centrally located when you have a bunch of Alaskans, Canadians, Washingtonians, and Midwest types?? Maybe my geography is off so everyone can send me some hate pm's :)

One last plus for having a server in the Seatac is that (stating the obvious) they have a HUGE gaming community and it has kind of been our clans (including GoP) home for the past 10 years and we have had great success with bf2, 2142, bf3, and badco servers there.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to some cops and robbers with the crew and will be pitching in for a server. This is gonna be awesome!!!
[AK907]Hassassin
5 Year Vet
5 Year Vet

Postby [AK907]Pricky » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:12 pm

If anyone else is going to chime in - now's the time to do it. I'll be getting a server within the next 7 days, and Seattle gets the vote right now.
-GvnrRickPerry
[AK907]Pricky
5 Year Vet
5 Year Vet

Postby Badrush » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:38 pm

Hey guys,

How many people do we have in Alaska? Although best for the club it's very unlikely that any east coast players will want to play on a Seattle server.

If we are going to do what's best for the clan and get the numbers up then i do think it has to be more centrally located. Denver or Chicago.

I'd also like to say I'm very disappointed in the clan. I've been trying to revive BF4 the last few months and literally the only person to ever play it is Dedacai. I have even messaged anyone that logs on and no one is ever willing to rejoin. I've also tried to get some CSGO games going with Rooster and Growzy which hasn't materialized.

I feel like this clan has been dying. To the point where there is barely any interaction. The only time I see a group of people talking to each other on this channel is when there is a 5-stack playing Dota/LOL and are too busy to chat anyways.

Personally I don't see the purpose of spending so much money on the server when we let the BF4 die so easily. I know it wasn't as good as expected but to see how much the clan has died off in just 6 months is depressing.

I am willing to help with this Clan though. So if you guys ever need anything talk to me.
Badrush
[AK907]

Postby [AK907]Pricky » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:07 am

Badrush wrote:Hey guys,

How many people do we have in Alaska? Although best for the club it's very unlikely that any east coast players will want to play on a Seattle server.

If we are going to do what's best for the clan and get the numbers up then i do think it has to be more centrally located. Denver or Chicago.

I'd also like to say I'm very disappointed in the clan. I've been trying to revive BF4 the last few months and literally the only person to ever play it is Dedacai. I have even messaged anyone that logs on and no one is ever willing to rejoin. I've also tried to get some CSGO games going with Rooster and Growzy which hasn't materialized.

I feel like this clan has been dying. To the point where there is barely any interaction. The only time I see a group of people talking to each other on this channel is when there is a 5-stack playing Dota/LOL and are too busy to chat anyways.

Personally I don't see the purpose of spending so much money on the server when we let the BF4 die so easily. I know it wasn't as good as expected but to see how much the clan has died off in just 6 months is depressing.

I am willing to help with this Clan though. So if you guys ever need anything talk to me.

Thanks for that Rush - it really does kind of "hit home" what has happened to AK907. It definitely saddens me, but BF4 was just so downright bad that it is not a huge surprise to us that have been around a while. When a game reaches the "hype level" that DICE pushed BF4 to, expectations for it are (were) through the roof... When those expectations met the actual game, which by the way R48 patch was released earlier this week and is STILL causing MASSIVE crashes and BLAZE dumps (dumps all players off the server), you wind up with a bunch of disgruntled brothers that are kind of "sticking it to the man" by not even bothering with BF4 anymore.

That said, BF:H has given me high hopes for AK907's triumphant return to the battlefield. First and foremost, BF:H has been VERY playable through Alpha, Beta, and Beta-II. Even if the "old timers" don't get back into the game, we will have plenty of newcomers to join us.

There's some work that needs to be done with the website, the clan application, preparing things for the server(s)... I really need my boy Tylaa612, but I heard yesterday that his family has some health problems and he is very preoccupied right now (thoughts and prayers are going out to my boy and his family in Sheboygan,WI).

What needs to happen first, is we need to have a clan meeting to see "where we stand" with our members. From there, we are going to need some volunteers to step back up and start hosting clan events again (Events Team Volunteers). We also need someone to write blog posts to keep us "looking alive". We also need someone to do the back-end of everything here, including ProCon, BF:H Server, TS, and the rest of the "server stuff"...

Needless to say, there's a lot that still needs to be done around here and I just don't have the time that I used to... Cloudy nights are definitely keeping me inside, but with my son here living with me now, I'd rather spend that time with him that my nose in the computer. If the nights aren't cloudy, then I'm outside capturing these:
M42-Large-and-bright.jpg
Messier M42 - The Great Nebula in Orion

To sum up this really long post - I know things will pick back up once Hardline releases... Whether or not AK907 will be able to "take on" the increase, I do not know. It's just something we're going to have to find out as Hardline gets closer, and Hardline's first map pack gets closer.

-Gvnr
[AK907]Pricky
5 Year Vet
5 Year Vet

Postby Badrush » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:48 pm

Yeah let's set up a meeting to discuss things.

I'm wondering why we need such a large server? Sure it's nice to have but it will require lots of manpower and money.
Badrush
[AK907]

Postby [AK907]Pricky » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:57 pm

That's just how it goes with new launches. You'll see. We've been through this a few times, ya know. BF:Hardline will be, what, AK907's 5th or 6th BF launch... Well maybe not AK907's, but management has been around enough to know how it goes. It always slacks before the release of a new BF. It always picks up tons after the release.
[AK907]Pricky
5 Year Vet
5 Year Vet

Postby [AK907]Pricky » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:20 am

UPDATE:

The server has been pre-ordered. It will be a 70 slot server hosted by NFOServers out of their Seattle Premium datacenter. I've had really good experience with Seattle NFO, and expect it to continue.

For those of you on the East Coast - I am truly sorry that this server is so far West of you! We must do what's best for the clan and the majority of the members though, and Seattle is the PRIME "central" location for the majority.

The unique identifier will be:
ak907.game.nfoservers.com

I'll add additional details once the game releases and we have them.

Until then, happy fraggin!
-Gvnr
[AK907]Pricky
5 Year Vet
5 Year Vet

Postby [AK907]Hassassin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:06 am

:biggun: Preloading right meow!
[AK907]Hassassin
5 Year Vet
5 Year Vet

Postby Badrush » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:03 pm

Goodluck!

Surprised to see some clan members haven't weighed in yet though...
Badrush
[AK907]

Postby [AK907]Hassassin » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:58 pm

Hey Rush! A bunch of us have been communicating via celly's for the past week'ish. Hope to see you and everyone else on in 25 hrs! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
[AK907]Hassassin
5 Year Vet
5 Year Vet

Postby [AK907]Pricky » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:11 am

[AK907]Hassassin wrote:Hey Rush! A bunch of us have been communicating via celly's for the past week'ish. Hope to see you and everyone else on in 25 hrs! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

"Like"
[AK907]Pricky
5 Year Vet
5 Year Vet

Return to General Discussion