November 3rd Clan Meeting

Pretty much anything goes. The usual shoot the breeze type stuff.

November 3rd Clan Meeting

Postby [AK907]Pricky » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:31 am

This will be the agenda for the clan meeting on the 3rd of November.

If you would like to discuss something not mentioned here, please add it below!

The meeting will begin at 9:00 PM Central Time, so please be on the TeamSpeak server a little earlier.

Please visit and "like" our Facebook and Google+ pages via the links here: Facebook -|- Google+

• Battlefield 4 Server
    [ a] Where is the server?
    [ b] Who is admin on the server, and who has reserved slots on the server?
    [ c] How to admin the Battlefield 4 Server
    [ d] What are the in-game commands so we can admin the server?
    [ e] What is the map rotation?

• Financials
    [ a] Donations, expenses, and purchases.

• Server Population
    [ a] Since we're now on Battlefield 4, how has the server population been? All you have to do is join, and others will soon be on!
    [ b] Any other ideas we can think of to attract people to hop on our server?

• Gr0wzy’s YouTube Videos
    [ a] Gr0wzy?
    [ b] I am going to try to cut together some videos since I want to try to get something out there - no one else has sent any clips in or provided any other type of images or videos for the clan to use though. Send SOMETHING in so we can use it!

• [AK907] Clan Structure and Changes in the Structuring System
    [ a] TeamSpeak permissions could change again - possibly not though - there are some additional icons coming in, so keep an eye out for those.
    [ b] New ranking system being hashed out by a few guys - hang tight, because I should have something before November 3rd about that!
    [ c] Lots of opportunity to advance in the clan and become a well recognized clan mate and player!

• Weekly Clan Event
    [ a] There was a weekly event on October 9th that we didn't plan very well for... The Battlefield 3 Beta only let you track a couple of things, and the "Squad Score" was not one of them. :(
    [ b] Anyone visited the home page of the Blog or the forums lately? What about Facebook or G+?
    [ c] KAIDOK is in charge of getting our Twitter account created and connected to Buffer - our social media tool - so if you're on the Twit, look us up.
  • Updates from the members
    [ a] If you have been wanting to discuss anything, now is the time to do it!
    [ b] Everyone will be addressed, one at a time, and can express their thoughts about anything they want! ANYTHING!

The only thing I ask is that the meeting should follow these guidelines:

• Around 9:00 PM Central I will move everyone into the meeting channel and we'll do a roll-call
  • When the moderator is finished speaking about the above agenda, everyone will get a chance to speak
  • Please do not all talk at once!
  • Please turn PTT (Push To Talk) on! There nothing worse than hearing yourself echo when trying to speak, and I will move you to another channel if it starts happening! THIS IS MANDATORY FOR ALL MEETINGS!!!

Other than the above, I would really like to see all donating members at this meeting, if at all possible. There will be talks about administrating the Battlefield 4 server, and I want to make sure everyone know exactly what's going to happen with this beautiful puppy. Plus, it's always good to show up for a clan meeting.

:biggun: :biggun: :biggun: :biggun: :idhitit: :rtfm:

Thanks,
-GvnrRickPerry
[AK907]Pricky
5 Year Vet
5 Year Vet

Re: November 3rd Clan Meeting

Postby [AK907]Pricky » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:46 am

This will be the agenda for the clan meeting on the 3rd of November.

If you would like to discuss something not mentioned here, please add it below!

The meeting will begin at 9:00 PM Central Time, so please be on the TeamSpeak server a little earlier.

Please visit and "like" our Facebook and Google+ pages via the links here: Facebook -|- Google+

• Battlefield 4 Server
    [ a] Where is the server? The server is hosted by Habitat4Gamers through NFO Servers. It is located in Seattle, WA.
    [ b] Who is admin on the server, and who has reserved slots on the server? Admins are founding members + [AK907]Gr0wzy. Everyone is already entered into the "Reserved Slots" list, but this "feature" isn't working (from EA/DICE) right now.
    [ c] How to admin the Battlefield 4 Server Discuss with founding member(s), but generally speaking use kicking/banning as a last resort. Metabans plugin will take care of most of the losers that hack.
    [ d] What are the in-game commands so we can admin the server? Unknown at this time due to lack of plugins supporting in-game chat commands.
    [ e] What is the map rotation? We have all maps in rotation, except Siege of Shanghai and Operation Locker. We've determined that these two maps in particular cause significant problems for server and/or client and cause most players to drop at some point during the levelution events. All maps are running Conquest Large game modes

• Financials
    [ a] Donations, expenses, and purchases. Doing alright with financials right now - we have about 2 months of server money in the PayPal, but we could always use a little more!

• Server Population
    [ a] Since we're now on Battlefield 4, how has the server population been? All you have to do is join, and others will soon be on! Server population is doing well. We discussed the NEED for members to get back on the server when it crashes. Going to play on another server when the AK907 server crashes is unacceptable and puts doubt in non-members' minds about the stability of our server. If we hope back on our server, it shows we support the cause and are willing to do what it takes to get a population and work through these "EA/DICE Bugs".
    [ b] Any other ideas we can think of to attract people to hop on our server? Offering reserved slots to non-members as a way to promote our server was discussed, and is definitely an option for us. If you've talked to someone and think we could benefit by giving them a reserved slot, let me know their in-game name and they will be added to the list! That being said, reserved slots is still not working (From EA/DICE), so maybe this is something that we hold off on until they are working.

• Gr0wzy’s YouTube Videos
    [ a] Gr0wzy? Gr0wzy is working on YouTube uploads THIS WEEK! YAYYYY!
    [ b] I am going to try to cut together some videos since I want to try to get something out there - no one else has sent any clips in or provided any other type of images or videos for the clan to use though. Send SOMETHING in so we can use it! Adding these to the list of vids Gr0wzy will be editing and uploading.

• [AK907] Clan Structure and Changes in the Structuring System
    [ a] TeamSpeak permissions could change again - possibly not though - there are some additional icons coming in, so keep an eye out for those. Assigned appropriate icons to all members that were online for the meeting, as well as assigned icons and permissions to the new recruits.
    [ b] New ranking system being hashed out by a few guys - hang tight, because I should have something before November 3rd about that! Writing this documentation this week, and should have it posted to the blog (in a separate page, probably in the "About" section) before the weekend.
    [ c] Lots of opportunity to advance in the clan and become a well recognized clan mate and player! Tried to promote this and get ideas from the members. Lots of cool ideas floating around, so we will have to see what happens!

• Weekly Clan Event
    [ a] There was a weekly event on October 9th that we didn't plan very well for... The Battlefield 3 Beta only let you track a couple of things, and the "Squad Score" was not one of them. :( Yeah, I'm a newb. :-P We will resume the weekly events once the BF4Stats.com comes online, or if I find another way to track absolutely random stats (like squad score, per round, per player)
    [ b] Anyone visited the home page of the Blog or the forums lately? What about Facebook or G+? Recommended the members visit the pages, "like" us, and comment!
    [ c] KAIDOK is in charge of getting our Twitter account created and connected to Buffer - our social media tool - so if you're on the Twit, look us up. Announced the creation of the Twitter account. Haven't heard any progress about this from the other co-founder in charge of this yet, but hoping he gets on it soon.
  • Updates from the members
    [ a] If you have been wanting to discuss anything, now is the time to do it! Gr0wzy - wanted to mention to others that we should try to control ourselves when playing on our server. Sometimes it's the "heat of the moment" and you just react without thinking. We all understand how it is, and I'm guilty of it too. But we all need to also understand that we want to encourage people to come back to our server, and ripping a player a new hole for some stupid trivial thing isn't going to increase our fan-base. Just try to keep the thought in the back of your head when you're playing on not just our server, but ANY server, that we want to represent AK907 in the best light possible.
    AFTERBURN - wanted to mention TeamSpeak permissions and certain problems that he is having. I refuse to dive into TeamSpeak permissions alone again, so if anyone is willing to help with this (prior experience with any type of permissions system, like Active Directory or SQL perimssions, would be ideal for this type of task), please let me know!

[ b] Everyone will be addressed, one at a time, and can express their thoughts about anything they want! ANYTHING!

On top of the above, I also mentioned the different icon for tenure (years of service that someone has given the clan) and that we would be adding some Canadian Forums section to the forums, to try and encourage people to use the forums more.
We also received two new recruits into the clan, so first chance you get, please welcome Phireant7 and LIGHTUPKICKS to the clan!

That's all I have for now, so enjoy reading up, and see you on the battlefield, SOLDIER!

:biggun: :biggun: :biggun: :biggun: :idhitit: :rtfm:

-GvnrRickPerry
[AK907]Pricky
5 Year Vet
5 Year Vet

Return to General Discussion